As requested by a reader, here is the recipe for the roast chicken and tomato tagliatelle that I showed in my last post. This is another mouth-watering recipe from The Resourceful Cook – a friend recommended this website and it is just fantastic, especially if you’re trying to cook to a specific budget!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g of baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion (approx 110g), sliced
- 130g of tagliatelle pasta
- 20g of Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler or knife
- 30g of green pesto (2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven. Place the red onion and tomatoes in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle on 1 tsp dried oregano, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then add the chicken and roast for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables begin to char.
- While the chicken and vegetables are in the oven, cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions.
- Toss the tagliatelle with the roasted chicken, tomatoes and onion and with the pesto. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately topped with the Parmesan shavings.
And if you missed it in the last post, it should look a little something like this…
Not too bad calorie-wise at approx. 690kcal per serving – although I did go a bit heavier on the parmesan than recommended, as I love it!